An important Human Resources message from Mayor Tom Butt:
I am accepting applications to fill one or both of these staff positions. The job description is pretty broad and includes but is not limited to:
- Researching and preparing papers on public policy issues
- Managing public policy projects
- Researching and preparing legislation
- Handling constituent inquires and complaints
- Planning, facilitating and attending civic events
- Attending and representing the city at meetings and conferences
- Interfacing and coordinating with other City staff.
This is a City of Richmond job and incudes all the normal City benefits. It is fully equal opportunity.
Pay scale is in the $40,000 – $50,000 range with full benefits. You won’t get rich, but you will learn a lot, meet powerful people, have fun and maybe find your forever career like several former staff members have done.
Send a resume with a letter describing why you want this position and why you are the best candidate to me at email@example.com.