EXPEDITOR / ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
Chevron Modernization Project
$18-$20/hr. (DOE), with comprehensive benefits
Mon.-Thurs. 5:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hrs./wk. minimum
Harder Mechanical, a construction subcontractor has an immediate opening for an Expeditor and Administrative Support. The expeditor and administrative support position is a support function for the Procurement/Contract Management department. This position will compile data, maintain status, and expedite material and parts orders and inventory to facilitate construction execution.
- Compiles and maintains material and other inventory, including status information
- Communicates with field staff and vendors to expedite material purchases and other requests
- Reads inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and schedules to determine order priority.
- Confers with department supervisors and project engineers to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
- Communicates with warehouse staff to expedite transfer of materials from stock area to production areas.
- Performs Data Entry (requisitions, purchase orders, receiving and invoice information)
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and inventory review is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Assistance to the Project Manager, Construction Manager, or Contracts Manager as requested
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are 10 hours per day, Monday through Thursday 5:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hours per week minimum.
- Project needs may allow for or require work to be performed on Fridays and Saturdays (Overtime as required).
- No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4-year accredited college degree, six months to one year of related construction or procurement experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Quick base
See attached for full job description.
For more information about Harder Mechanical, please visit www.harder.com.
Please note that priority consideration is given to City of Richmond, CA Residents.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply in confidence send resume to Bouakhay Phongboupha, email@example.com include:
- Daytime phone number
Note: This is not a Chevron Corporation direct hire, this employment opportunity is through a third- party contractor.